Andrew Hussey, Manager at Venti’s Cafe, loves to compete in Zults and is a big advocate for the program within the Venti’s family (Venti’s regularly sponsors corporate teams for the yearly competition).
When asked why he feels that Zults is so effective, Andrew says that it boils down to accountability and team support. Whether his team completes a workout together or meets up to complete weekly meal prep, there is an element of camaraderie that isn’t found in other nutrition programs.
Since Venti’s chooses to embrace Zults company-wide, individual success carries over into the workplace. Andrew and his teammates feel they have better energy at work and a closer connection overall during the five-week competition. When asked if he will join a Venti’s Zults team for a fourth consecutive year, he doesn’t skip a beat before answering yes. Of course, the prize pool offered within the Venti’s community doesn’t hurt either! Having been on a winning team each year, he is looking forward to another year of success.
Andrew has three pieces of advice for future Zults participants:
- Keep Steady. When making lifestyle changes, consistency is key. Once you get off track, it is easy to snowball out of control.
- Don’t miss your weekly grocery shopping. Create a routine for your meal prep shopping and stick to it. Once you take the time to shop and prep your food, you’ve fought half the battle!
- Plan your “splurges” as a team. Andrew and his team would often plan a weekly team meal where they could kick back and relax after a week of hard Zults-ing!
Enjoy one of Andrew’s go-to Zults lunch recipes, a Thai Chicken Peanut Bowl!
Thai Chicken Peanut Bowl
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 45 mins
Servings: 6 – follows a 2000 calorie diet
Note: Chicken may also be baked or grilled. Plan ahead and portion out 6 servings, except for the sauce. When ready to eat, heat bowl and stir in peanut sauce.
Chicken and Peanut Sauce Ingredients
2 lb Chicken Breast
2 tbsp Low Sodium Soy Sauce
¼ cup + 2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
2 tbsp Honey
1 1/2 – 2 tbsp Lime Juice
Chicken and Peanut Sauce Instructions
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
- Heat pan on medium heat and add nonstick spray. Add chicken and saute until no longer pink.
- Combine peanut sauce ingredients and mix well. Do not refrigerate to keep from hardening.
Coconut Rice Ingredients
1 cup Brown Rice
1 can Light Coconut Milk
⅓ cup Water
½ bunch Cilantro, chopped
Coconut Rice Instructions
- Add rice, coconut milk and water to a pot. Stir.
- Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer.
- Allow rice to cooke for 45 minutes or until liquid has absorbed.
- Remove from heat. Let stand for 5-10 minutes. Stir in chopped cilantro.
Sign up for Zults 2017 today!